A little about Emily

My photo
Belvidere, Illinois, United States
I think of myself as a happy, social person with a big heart and lively personality. I'm a loyal friend who keeps confidences and has a listening ear. Sometimes I give in to what many believe is an "Irish Temper" (thanks to my red hair) but is actually just a strong sense of right and wrong! I'm a sucker for romantic gestures. I love paintings and poetry and fairy tales. My husband was well trained in the art of becoming a prince charming, and he used this to win my heart. My kids know he still puts on a romantic flare once in a while to evoke laughs from them or kisses from me! My greatest joy in life is being a wife and mother. This is what I've always wanted to be. It can be so challenging and that's what makes it so rewarding. I'm willing to work hard for the things I believe in.

A little about Paul

Paul is a man of many talents, many hobbies, and many wonderful qualities. He has a wry sense of humor that those who know him well have come to appreciate. He is an excellent teacher and definitely chose the right profession as a college instructor. He is kind, caring, listens well and is always trying to improve himself. When Paul sets his mind to something, he accomplishes it. He has learned from others or taught himself many handy-man skills which he uses constantly on our home, yard, and cars-not to mention the kids toys. Paul loves to fly-fish, is an excellent shot with a gun and becoming one with a bow and arrow, too. He likes to hunt water fowl, turkeys and deer. He loves the outdoors and is an Eagle Scout. Paul also loves college football and is a true blue BYU fan. He serves in our church and sacrifices much time and energy in behalf of others. Best of all, Paul is a fabulous husband and father. He has his priorities strait and understands the importance of putting family first. As his wife I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful husband. It's hard not to love Paul!

Paul at Cape Cod

Paul at Cape Cod

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Roadshow





Well, we had the Rockford Stake's roadshow on Saturday. I have to say that it turned out well, even though I goofed on my lines! The woodland animals (aka primary children) were darling and our branch won a "best actress," "best costume", and "best overall" awards. It was a fun event and very well written (thanks Rachel) and directed (thanks Robb). Hannah is looking forward to the day she is allowed to "try-out" and "memorize lines" which the primary children did not do this time around. I explained that the day will come soon enough. She did a good job sitting quietly as a bunny, though :).

4 comments:

Amber said...

How fun Em! The kids look so cute and your hair is getting long... it looks way pretty.

Debbie said...

That sounds like so much fun. It's been so many years since I've even seen a roadshow. I didn't know stakes did them anymore. I bet a lot of work went into it.

The kids and you all look cute.

BTW: We were watching the travel channel today and it showed Kalahari resort. The kids all started reminiscing about Thanksgiving last year. Wow. I can't believe it's been almost a year since we were up with ya'll.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they still do roadshows, how fun! Congrats to Paul on the deer, hope you have some recipes up your sleeve for all that meat!

Natalie Warner said...

Speaking of the roadshow, did you get my package? I know it was late but...it's a miracle I ever sent it. I hate the post office!